Being asked to administer an estate or trust can be intimidating, especially if you have not done it before. In this course you will learn the process for administering a trust correctly and how to avoid common pitfalls and traps. Take the stress out of the equation and move on, knowing you did it right.
What you are going to learn
Trust Administration does not have to be stressful.
For most of us, we don't have a lot of experience administering estates and trusts. It just isn't something that we are called upon to do regularly. So it is easy to see why there is so much stress and anxiety to do the job correctly and fulfill the trust given to you.
In this course, we will cover the following topics:
- Becoming comfortable with the role and responsibilities
- The steps you must take
- Dealing with trusts that split at the death of the first spouse
- Wrapping up trusts when no Trustors remain
- Dealing with the Tax Man
- How to deal with different asset types
- Paying final liabilities
- How to deal with the "stuff" (tangible personal property)
- When to call in the professionals
- Working with difficult beneficiaries
- Why you should be paid for serving as Trustee